Monday, 17 November 2014

A parent letter about his Child's development at Authentic Taekwondo


Hi Master Farah - just wanted to let you know about a couple things:

1.)  We had a parent/teacher interview on Friday with Logan's teacher.  His report card was really good but the thing the teacher told us she was impressed with was Logan's leadership ability.  She said that whenever they are lining up to go in and out of the school or classrooms, he's the first to make sure everyone is in line and their line is straight.  She also said that he never hesitates to help his classmates if they are struggling with anything.  The first thing that came to my mind was "line leader at the club" lol



2.)  When Justin won his Gold medal at the tournament, Logan was so excited that he came over to me (I was watching Xyris spar) to let me know.  He said to me "Dad, I'm so happy because I feel like I won that medal with him".  When I asked why, he explained "I train and spar with Justin so I feel like I helped prepare him for the tournament!"  As someone who has played basketball at a competitive level for a good part my life, Logans sense of team and camaraderie made me more proud than any medal he could ever win.



While a lot of people would be quick to say these qualities of leadership, teamwork and camaraderie (amongst other qualities people have mentioned) are a result of our parenting, I have to credit you and all the positive role models Logan has at the club.  So I just wanted to thank you for helping us instil these amazing values in Logan at such a young age.  We are fortunate to have found a club and group of people that have such a positive influence on our son, nephews & nieces.  Thank you!  See you on Monday...